Self-Inflicted Insomnia

Aside from our 3 night getaway to Nashville this coming weekend (to visit with Randy’s brother, wife, and kids), I had no plans to travel for the rest of the year. None. Zip. Zilch.

Then this past weekend Randy, Chris, Pete and I thought of perhaps getting away for the week between Christmas and New Years. Of course, that got my travel juices flowing so Sunday night Randy and I were online until near midnight looking at various options.

That process continued into yesterday and last night we did the same (but only until just after 11PM).

I do find travel planning fun….tweaking the dates here and there to find a better bargin, looking into alternate destinations, flying into one city then driving to the actual city you want to visit. All of these things can change the price drastically. And I treat it all like a little game; some sort of puzzle I can solve.

But doing it in the evening is probalby not smart beceause I just lie there in bed wondering “ooh, what if we went to this place, but on these dates instead….and instead of two hotel rooms we get a suite?”.

The next thing you know, there aren’t enough sheep in the world to count and help me fall asleep(though, there are enough pills).

1 Comment(s)

1. Comment by Lise on September 16, 2008 11:54 am

Is that Grizzly Karl?