Trigger West Bay….for a day

Trigger West Bay is apparently my porn or drag name (my first pet’s name and chilchood street address) and that’s who I was yesterday as I woke up with a bit of laryngitis. Of course, I didn’t realize this until a few hours later while at work when my phone rang. Since I live alone and work in a private office, I’ve come to realize that I have very little communication with other people.

Then my phone rang, I picked it up, and I sounded like a drag queen. It caught both me and my caller by surprise.

The funny thing is this little speaking issue isn’t accompanied by any other symptoms. Maybe it’s because I’ve had the fan blowing on me at night? There is a bit of pain if I try talking too much (but living the solitary and antisocial life that I lead prevents that from happening).

Oh, my plans tonight with high school friends have been postponed due to family issues. And for once, they’re not mine! I guess Jessie needs to take care of the kids while her husband has some law school thing to attend.

OK – so here’s a List of Five type thing I snarfed from Karyn’s blog (Vexed in the City):

Five Things in My Closet

• an Aibo robot dog. I inherited this in the break-up with Matt because he owed me money (it in no way comes close to the amount he owed, unfortunately). It scared him because it had red eyes or something. I meant to sell it on ebay but it’s just sat in my closet for a year and a half
  • Original Beatles toys/magazines/cards from the 1960’s. I discovered these while cleaning out my friend, Regina’s closets after she died.
  • Clothes. More than I ever wear. I should probably go through and weed some out
  • Games. Like Scrabble, Clue (Simpsons version), Gayopoly, Pervartistry. Plus playing cards (some with nude men)
  • Zwiffer.

Five Things in My Car

• NOTHING. I don’t own a car.

Five Things in My Freezer

• Fish (from Whole Foods)
  • Trader Joe’s broccoli (I wrote that just for you Karyn!)
  • Edy’s “all-fruit” popsicles…that had apparently melted in transit so now the sticks are completely surrounded by popsicle so I haven’t figured out how to eat them yet.
  • Eggo blueberry waffles (over a year old…must be freezer burned)
  • Trader Joe’s organic asparagus

Five Things in My Bag

• Magazine (Boston Spirit)
  • Aspirin
  • Blue pen.
  • Business cards
  • coupon to Herrell’s Ice Cream Shop

Books on My Nightstand

• Um – I don’t really have a nightstand. Just a mini file cabinet. But on it you’ll find “The Life and Times of Harvey Milk” (the only book there), plus an alarm clock, table lamp, ear plugs, and a remote control for my bed (it’s a Sleep Number bed).

1. Comment by karyn on August 11, 2006 3:49 pm

You have year-old waffles?

Did Regina leave you those pricey little tchotchkes or did you liberate them from her closet before your jailbird buddy could get his mitts on them? Congratulations on your mastery of Broccoli. Sell that freaky ass robot dog. I agree with Matt. It’s creepy as can be.

2. Comment by karyn on August 11, 2006 3:50 pm

PS: Our FIRST pet and our FIRST childhood street name? Or the one we spent most of our childhood on? Fritzi Cedar isn’t a very good porn name.

3. Comment by snarl on August 11, 2006 3:58 pm

Fritzi Cedar is FABULOUS! I love it.

4. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on August 11, 2006 4:21 pm

Buffy Fleet.

5. Comment by snarl on August 11, 2006 5:17 pm

…um, Dave…

Fleet? As in Enema? Where the hell were you raised? The Castro?

6. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on August 12, 2006 5:33 am

Don’t “Um, Dave…” me, Karl!! (that was for Karyn) ;-p

All the streets in our subdivision had British names (Sussex, Lymington, Gloucester, etc). We lived on Fleet ROAD (they didn’t even get the fleet street right!). D’oh.

No enemas were had.

7. Comment by Will on August 12, 2006 6:39 am

Karl, perhaps Dave’s Fleet is as in Fleet Week–a highly respectable gay event!

Karyn, Fritzi Cedar works MUCH better than Buttons Dry Harbor, trust me on that one.

8. Comment by Fred on August 12, 2006 7:37 am

Hmmm… Vinnie Main does seem a pretty decent pornstar name… The cat had lost an ear in a fight as a kitten, hence Vinnie, for van Gogh.

9. Comment by snarl on August 12, 2006 10:06 am

So far, I think Karyn wins…Fritzi Cedar. I just love it.

10. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on August 13, 2006 3:41 am

Amen…I love Fritzi Cedar!!

11. Comment by karyn on August 13, 2006 4:48 pm

Fritzi Cedar

12. Comment by Sara on August 13, 2006 10:19 pm

Cinder Cindy. Sounds kind of kinky!!
    🙂

13. Comment by Ben on August 13, 2006 10:46 pm

Wa, I love I love Fritzi Cedar too…

Amen…I love Fritzi Cedar!

Vietnam Travel

14. Comment by Doug on August 14, 2006 2:29 pm

Sorry Karen…I might beat you…..Candy Essex…..