Connections

I’m feeling so connected lately. I picked up a copy of Bay Windows at the Ramrod on Friday night and just got around to reading it on Monday afternoon. In the past, I would always read the paper and not know a single person mentioned. But in this one issue alone I found the following:

*A front page article in the Arts section about Earth Kitt, written by our friend, Dave (who stayed with us in Ptown). Coincidentally, it was his husband, Jason, that I went to the Ramrod with Friday night.

*An advertisement for two co-worker/friends (Ben and Brad) who are a cabaret duo on the Boston scene.

*In the Weddings section (now that gay marriage is legal in Massachusetts, our gay newspapers actually have a weddings and engagement section) there was an announcement celebrating the marriage of Michael and Scot – two guys I met on-line a year ago (congratulations guys!)

*A review for the play I just saw at the Boston Center for the Performing Arts (Say You Love Satan).

*An advertisement for my old therapist (I guess that technically doesn’t count since I originally found him a long time ago through his ads).

Just a few years ago I wouldn’t have known anybody – nor would I have attended the play. Now I’m one of the gang! I belong! I’m like Rudolph…finally allowed to join in the reindeer games.

Oh, and our computer is getting progressively worse. Now we are being bombarded with sex-related spam and our monitor has reduced so that there are two-inch black margins on both sides of the screen. The buttons on the bottom of the monitor that allow you to adjust the screen will not allow me to change anything. Is there a virus out there that can control the monitor, too? And, even scarier, whatever is causing these problems is also automatically turning off our McAfee virus protection software. This seems to be a very intuitive little virus.

1. Comment by Michael C. on September 7, 2004 10:34 am

Hey Karl… thanks for the congratulations! And I’m glad you caught the announcement in Bay Windows. It’s a bit surreal, but pretty cool!

2. Comment by David on September 7, 2004 11:37 am

So Karl, Which Reindeer are you? And are you excited that you are familar with more events and people , or just that reindeers wear leather harnesses?

3. Comment by jeff on September 7, 2004 1:43 pm

What a small gay world it is!

Not sure what to tell you with the virus – sounds really f’d up. Once I had a virus that wouldn’t let the computer load up – all that would happen is that funeral music would play and I’d get a blank screen. Strange stuff. You might end up having to reformat the whole hard drive and start over – making sure you’ve got the anti-virus installed first.

4. Comment by matt on September 7, 2004 10:09 pm

Baby has come out!

I hate out computer! But, I love porn.

5. Comment by Doug on September 9, 2004 12:18 am

I just remembered to post this…you are even MORE connected as my cousin-in-law is the owner of Bay Windows…thus you are connected to him thru me!!!

6. Comment by Underling on September 14, 2004 9:19 pm

Porn is life…isn’t that what computers were invented for? To accelerate the intake of porn into households. I’m pretty sure that’s what they were shooting for when they thought up the damn things.

I’m with you on the computer thing…I’m gonna be purchasing a brand new one at the end of the year…mine is only 3 years old and it only runs for about 15 minutes before locking up…It’s a bit tiresome to reboot four times an hour…