Laziness

My name is Karl…and I”m a Harvard-aholic (I mean, employee).

The first thing you may be wondering is why my blog is called “What’s for Dinner?”. I’m terribly embarassed about the origin of that title, but since I decided to procede with blogging, I figured I owe it to you to be honest.

Matt, my partner of 9 years (don’t get me started on the whole gay-marraige debate just yet), has been blogging for over a year now. I enjoy reading his blog, and all of the blogs of the people he’s networked with as a result. One day last fall, after working for hours (okay, minutes) over the stove (okay, microwave) preparing dinner, Matt commented that I always cook the same thing. He had just finished updating his blog and I had an epiphany: I’ll create my own blog and will take photographs of the dinners I prepare each night and post them on a my blog. This will provide proof that I’m quite creative in the kitchen.

It was a dumb idea because I know deep down that I cook the same thing (or a derivative of that same thing) every night. Anyway, I figured I was safe from actually having to follow through with it because I didn’t own a digital camera.

Well, the bastard got me an incredible digital camera for Christmas. Now I have no excuse. Two months and countless “I’m too busy’s” later, I’m finally getting around to creating a blog.

There you have it – the exciting story that got you to read this far. Hopefully my future entires will also keep you coming back for more (apparently my cooking wouldn’t do that).

1. Comment by Dowbrigade on March 12, 2004 10:08 pm

Way to go, Matt. Can’t wait ti see the photos.

The Dowbrigade News

2. Comment by Karl on March 12, 2004 10:30 pm

Thanks for the comment! By the way, how do I post pics? I saved some in the blog program, but can’t figure out how to post them for the public to see.

3. Comment by Jen on March 12, 2004 10:35 pm

I can probably help you with the picture part 🙂 Will email you directions and if that doesn’t help, we’ll figure it out from there.

Meanwhile: *sniff* I’m so proud! My little Karl has a blog!

4. Comment by matt on March 12, 2004 10:59 pm

Baby! You finally created your own blog!!! Yeah! I am most proud of you and can’t wait to see our dinners posted to the world wide web! So, now — gay marriage. …Just wanted to get you started. Please share and purge.