Is That Blue Sky I See?

I’ve always heard of the “one-two punch”, but this winter is now into the double-digits (24-25 punch?) It seems that for every decent day we have, the next day(s) include cloud cover and/or snowfall (or that lovely ice mix like last Wednesday that left snow, turned to slush, turned to ice).

Consequently, after only 4 days back from our Key West trip, Randy was already pushing for another tropical trip. (OK, I wasn’t exactly against the idea, either). After playing around online, I discovered incredibly cheap trips to Cancun, Mexico (only $74 each way on American). In fact, TWO tickets to Cancun is going to cost us less than just one of the tickets we used to get to Miami.

We’re actually not staying in Cancun (yuck, spring break), but we’ll be further south in Playa del Carmen. What started off as only a 5 day trip has now turned into an 8 day trip (adding three days was only going to add $100 per person to the trip). So, on March first we’ll be in Caribbean Mexico (I’ve only been to Pacific coast Mexico). WOO HOO!

Oh, and as if that isn’t enough (Randy REALLY hates the cold), he’s booked us tickets to San Francisco for the first weekend in February, too (4 nights). Our friends, Ben and Sandy, finally closed on their new home so we’re going to pay a visit to check the place out and catch up. It won’t be tropical by any stretch of the imagination in San Francisco (this is their cold/rainy season)…but it should at least be in the 50’s or higher.

I’ll take that.

*Oh, and the above photo is of us changing the flat tire in Florida (well, I’m laughing….Randy and Pete are prepping to change the tire).

1. Comment by Chris on January 12, 2009 12:00 pm

And I’m helping by photographing the misery.

2. Comment by Lise on January 12, 2009 12:24 pm

Karl, do you ever manage to fit in actually working here? 😉

3. Comment by snarl on January 12, 2009 12:29 pm

I know this may be surprising, but even with all the travel I do, I ended last year with nearly 25 unused vacation days (that I’m carrying into this year).

I’m not taking advantage of the system! Hell, I’m not even using all of what I’m given!