Say It Isn’t So!

You can’t trust the gossip pages (or the government, or the media, or even me for that matter), but I read this morning that there is suspicion that Britney Spears is pregnant.

Again.

Apparently, she was photographed in a phamacy looking over the early pregnancy tests. Of course, there was no evidence of her buying one…but she was at least looking at them.

Why? Why, oh why, are people like her allowed to breed? I mean, seriously, she’s proven TWICE that she’s not fit for motherhood. She’s proven TWICE that she’s incapable of taking the commitment of marriage seriously. She’s proven multiple times that going commando isn’t always the best fashion choice. And now she could possibly be expecting yet again.

Honestly, I sometimes wish the government had the right to neuter people. I do! I mean, I’m very much pro-choice, but I’m also anti-abortion. By that I mean that I’d prefer people not get pregnant in the first place if they don’t want children. However, in the event that they do get pregnant….and they’ve already been proven to be ill-equipped to raise a child (or even keep a cactus alive, for Pete’s sake)…I think the government should step in. Yes, for the sake of the unborn child and for the sake of society as a whole.

Think about it. Britney will have been pregnant three times in 4 years. At this rate, she could burp out an entire city by the time she’s 40. And with her teenage sister also pregnant, the Spears family could collectively populate twin cities in no time.

Now if that doesn’t give you nightmares, I don’t know what will.

1. Comment by Lise on January 17, 2008 10:43 am

Not only that the “father” is some low-life married paparrazo she’s been shacked up with the past week or so (yeah, she moves faaaaast). Bear in mind though that she is famous for playing with the media/public so that could all have been for show. Let’s hope so. Otherwise, strap her down again and….. In other news the McConaughey Creature (Matthew) had bred. Hope the kid is ready to go shirtless, ’cause that’s how McConaughey rolls.

2. Comment by Fred on January 17, 2008 5:11 pm

Heh he – as long as the twin cities are the Twin Cities and NOT HERE!!

Hmm… a future generation of McConaugheys don’t strike me as such a bad thing…that man can go shirtless any time he wants in my book…woulda love to have been there to catch the bongo session where he was wearing even less….
    (grin)

3. Comment by jeff on January 17, 2008 5:15 pm

geeez Karl, Britney Spears? I might have to remove your page from my bookmarks for that one. Stop watching TMZ, please. You’re above all this.

4. Comment by Jessie on January 17, 2008 6:35 pm

If you can follow Brittany Spears I can sing the Spice Girls Karl! 🙂 Besides, I am way too old to pull of the safety pins look anymore!

But, I do occassionally use one to hold my bra strap together! Don’t you just LOVE middle age??

5. Comment by Randy on January 18, 2008 1:39 am

Lets not forget I have a cousin who had 4 kids by 21, lost them all cause she didnt take care of them and now has had a 5th kid. Great job world.