My (Possible) Participation in a Dysfunctional Relationship

Things are going great with Randy so there’s nothing to write about there (besides, he’s been out of town practically for the past month – how could we be fighting?). This has to do with a book I sold on Amazon.com Marketplace.

The book was called “Bitter With Baggage Seeks Same”. Some creative person/people took photos of little baby chicks in various poses with various backdrops and props and made them all bitter, jaded folks seeking relationships. It was cute, but not something I needed to keep. I put it up for sale on Amazon (along with 20 or so other books).

Well, I’ve been selling these books since I moved in October and they’ve all been bought buy the same person I’ve been shipping them to. This book, however, was purchased by a man in Spokane, WA, yet he is having me ship it to a woman in the same town.

There are various scenarios running through my head – none of which (in my mind) will make the recipient a happy camper:

1 – This woman rejected this man’s advances, so he’s sending this book to be cruel
2 – This woman dated this man and they broke up unpleasantly, so he’s sending this book to be cruel
3 – This man is a stalker, so he’s sending this book to be cruel (notice a patter here?)
4 – This woman is unaware she upset this man, so he’s sending this book to be cruel

I can’t think of any other plausible reasons…unless she’s his fag-hag and they have an ironic friendship with similar senses of humor. Maybe it’s the that. Otherwise, I think I may have contributed to something horrible.

I know, I know – the photo isn’t of a chick…but how many chick photos do you have in your photo collection? Be thankful I even had a bird!

1. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on December 5, 2007 2:20 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhh, that doesn’t sound good no matter how you slice it. Make sure you send HIS complete information along in the packet, since he bought it. Then the recipient will at least know who said stalker (a-hole) may be…

Nice ibis / stork / long-legged thingie!

2. Comment by jeff on December 5, 2007 5:53 pm

I’d send it to the guy who ordered it. It’s not your job to send gifts. I’d tell him that you’re not a damn florist and when he gets the book he can give it to whomever he’d like to. What a jerk.

3. Comment by Fred on December 6, 2007 3:08 pm

I second Jeff – if the guy wants to send it to someone as a message, let him do it himself. Not your job to do his dirtywork, and it’s cowardly. If it’s just a friendly gift for someone who will enjoy it (slim possibility) the florist comment applies. You can just say “It’s my policy to ship things only to the person purchasing them” or some such. There are commercial services which will send a bouquet of dead roses to someone, I think – if he wants to be a jerk, he can do it with a company that’s set up to handle the flak/fallout from such an action, not bother an unassuming (I won’t say innocent ) private citizen!