Time to Say Good Bye

Randy and I went to the Gay and Lesbian Travel Show at the Park Plaza Castle last night. Yeah, I know – we travel enough as it is. But I love swag so I wanted to see how many freebies we could snatch.

(did I just say snatch?)

Anyway, by the time we left (after chatting with people from RSVP cruises and Marriott and various other travel related companies) I went home with numerous brochures, a stress ball, a few key chains, 4 cans of some new-fangled sparkling vitamin water/soda, two necklaces, a rainbow painted rubber duckie, a beach ball, a pin, some lube (it is a gay travel show, after all) and some 10% discounts on American Airlines…

…and this photo of us hijacking the Travelocity gnome:

070424 Randy Karl Park Plaza Castle.jpg

Now, let me just say that I’ve owned that shirt for many years (too many, probably). Why hasn’t somebody told me that I look ENORMOUS in it? Look at me – I look pear shaped! I’d like to say that the problem lies within the Polaroid Instamatic camera and not with my heightened poundage or bulky choice in clothing…but the truth may simply be that such a camera lacks the ability to Photoshop before it spits out the image.

On the plus side, Randy and I both signed up for countless raffless for free cruises, hotel stays and flights. Maybe we’ll win a little something to make me feel better about looking like Dom Delouise.

1. Comment by Doug on April 25, 2007 10:50 am

Are we looking at the same picture? You most certainly DONT look like Dom DeLuise….you look like you are wearing a comfortable shirt….not a skin tight t-shirt like the SE boys. You look just fine doll.

2. Comment by Brad on April 25, 2007 3:19 pm

Too bad we didn’t see each other there. I was there for quite a bit. As for the shirt making you look big, vanity is your name. 🙂

3. Comment by jeff on April 25, 2007 11:18 pm

Hey Karl, can I have one of those key chains? I bought a new scooter and was looking for an appropriate key chain, something not too dangley. I saw some at the dollar store yesterday, but they had stupid sayings like, “0 to bitch in 6 seconds”, and “So many men so little time.” I mean really, who writes those things? I think someone from Dollar Tree bought out a bankrupt Spencer gift shop.

4. Comment by karyn on April 26, 2007 12:22 am

You look terrific.

Shut. Up.

Love the travelgnome in the photo although I usually find them creepy.

Glad you found swag!