I Can See Clearly Now

Well, I will be able to see clearly in a few days. I finally found a pair of glasses that I liked. Poor Randy – I dragged him all over the city on Saturday as i tryed on pair after pair of frames. Hell, we actually started the search late last year. But yesterday I was determined to get new glasses before heading to Mexico (and that’s less than two weeks away).

On Satudray, our search started at Cohen’s Optical, then For Eyes, then Lenscrafters, then See (in December we stopped in other places, too). I ended up buying a pair from See – which is where I’ve purchased my last 3 or 4 pairs of glasses. These new ones will be a little more subtle than my current pair (which are nearly two years old). Of course I’ll post a picture once they arrive.

Let’s see – other weekend activities included dinner, wine, and games with Randy, Pete and Chris on Friday night. Saturday morning I met up with my long-lost high school friend, Carolyn, and her husband for dim sum in Chinatown. MMMMMM – good company, good food.

Randy then went in for his root canal and later that evening we got together with friends, Ben and Sandy, for dinner and conversation.

I never left Randy’s house on Sunday. Well, technically I did as Randy returned from the market with more groceries than he could carry and I stepped out the door and into the garage to help. But other than that, I didn’t even take a shower until mid-afternoon. All day I barely left the sofa, for that matter. Needless to say, it was a wonderful day! I still have to wonder what Randy sees in me.

1. Comment by Chris on February 5, 2007 7:44 pm

Why hasn’t anyone commented on this?

It doesn’t surprise me that you’d take months and months to pick glasses; when I got mine, I probably took as many minutes as you took months.

I’m sure they’ll be delightful, and will revitalize the “Karl image.”

2. Comment by Karl on February 5, 2007 10:41 pm

heh – thanks, Chris.

My previous eyewear purchases didn’t take this long. I went to one place, one time and found them.

This time around I wanted something different; something less bold. I guess that took time.

3. Comment by karyn on February 6, 2007 7:09 am

I fell in love with a pair of Valentino frames last time I picked out glasses but they were too spendy for my meager budget. So I started over – and found a pair of Chanel frames. Lather, rinse , repeat. I finally worked my way down to Guess. I’m tired of them; I wonder if those Valentino ones are still kicking around…

I’m sure Randy has his reasons.

Ahem.

4. Comment by Ed on February 6, 2007 1:52 pm

Does For Eyes still have that 2 for $99 special? That was perfect for me. Then agian I rarely wear my glasses outside the house so I don’t really care how they look on me.