Brie, Cheddar, Swiss, Wilson Phillips.

Today was a fun day filled with accomplishment. After a ham and brie crepe and a peach/orange/honey smoothie, we went to see “Super Size Me” in Harvard Square. Quite interesting stuff. I recommend you see it…particularly if you like Michael Moore’s films. I don’t even eat at fast food restaurants, but it got me thinking about what I eat…and how much (my problem is the portions).

After the movie, we walked around Harvard Square and I took pictures of the area (see the Harvard Square album in my “Karl’s Photo Gallery” link on the right).

We returned home and then brought Dusty for a walk along the harbor. I’ve concluded she’s an idiot. She will not poo or pee outside. She saves it up until she returns home. It’s as if she’ll only pee/poo in a spot she’s familiar with. Which reminds me…I did something new and exciting today that I haven’t done in over 25 years!

I used a urinal. I know, most of you are thinking “big deal”. But it’s a huge deal to me. I’m public bathroom phobic. I hate them. But while in Harvard Square, I need to relieve myself and so we went to the buidling I work in. And since it was mostly empty, I decided to use the urinal. And you know what? They smell. I don’t think I’ll use it again.

Oh, and while we were out, Matt bought the new Wilson Phillips CD (yes, they made a new one). It’s filled with California influenced songs –  with a Wilson Phillips Muzak touch. A few songs are catchy, but Matt has deemed it his favorite all-time album of 2004. Ugh. They’ve taken Fleetwood Mac’s (actually, Lindsey Buckingham’s) very angry song “Go Your Own Way” and made it sound like a love song. What’s up with that?

Anyway, if you want to buy it, you’ll find it at your grocery store in the dairy aisle with the rest of the cheese.

1. Comment by matt on May 30, 2004 10:17 pm

The Wilson Phillips CD is exceptional. You just like all of that angst and whiny college rock! Silly!

Super Size Me was very good, tho. I agree with you on that one. It spoke to me in a very personal and special way. However, I do think the director tried to hard to be like Michael Moore — not nearly as talented as he!

…cheese,my finely-shaped ass!

2. Comment by Underling on May 31, 2004 12:27 am

as I said on Matt’s blog:

See, I always thought that Wilson Phillips stopped recording because Carnie had actually eaten Wendy and Chyna. I’m kinda relieved to know this isn’t true!

3. Comment by Kathleen on May 31, 2004 9:39 pm

I looked at that photo and thought, “Wow, Karl was in the Fens near my alma mater,” because it looks like the top of part of Emmanuel’s original building.

Then you pointed out it was Harvard and I was all, “Oh Harvard, whatever.” (I’m still bitter they didn’t give me enough financial aid to afford to attend. Harvard’s loss. lol)

But seriously, the top of that building still looks like the top of Emmanuel’s admin building.

Not that you would care. : )

4. Comment by Jay on June 1, 2004 2:39 pm

I’m very sorry about the Wilson Phillips issue. Please note that their CDs are not welcome in our home in case you should visit.

5. Comment by Jay on June 1, 2004 2:39 pm

6. Comment by Erica on June 2, 2004 3:37 pm

Huh, I have alwasy been sorta jealous of men with their urinal-using abilities. My high school best friend and I have this plan that when we’re old and grey and we can get away with it because everyone will think we’re senile, we’ll waltz into a mens’ room and use the urinals just to see what it’s like. Perhaps we’ll have less keen senses of smell by then. 😀

7. Comment by mirela on August 19, 2005 2:58 am

Very nice blog. It is very helpful. http://www.bignews.com

8. Comment by Subway Toronto on September 7, 2005 11:06 am

Coupon Subway

9. Comment by Palm Beach County Tax on November 4, 2005 5:41 am

Collector Car Trader Online