Matt Bought me a Swiffer for my Birthday!

What a Day! I met up with my parents this morning and spent the afternoon with them and my cousin, Karen. We played cards (I won $2.00!!!) then went to dinner at this Italian restaurant in East Boston that we used to go to every Christmas Eve when I was a kid. They now have Keno so we all played a little. I won two more dollars, my parents won a few bucks…and my cousin came away with $267.00. It’s just not fair.

But, I was pleasantly surprised when we got home and I found that Matt brought me my birthday present a month and a half early!

This is our new Shih Tzu, Dusty! I’m terrible at coming up with names (my first suggestions were Hedwig, Butch, Francis or Sunshine). But after a while, Matt said “How about Dusty?” (after Dusty Springfield – the lesbian singer of “Son of a Preacher Man”). I liked it – but not for that reason. I liked it because she keeps running under furniture and collecting dust-bunnies like a Swiffer. Matt bought her a doggy bed – but she seems to prefer sleeping in one of Matt’s clogs. I hope she gets smarter.

As any new proud parent – here are more pix. Just wait until we start dressing and posing her.

1. Comment by matt on April 4, 2004 10:50 pm

Dusty is so cute — and I think it is sweet that she likes to sleep in my man-clogs! Happy Birthday, Baby!

2. Comment by Salina on April 5, 2004 9:46 am

Dusty is adorable! And you look very cute in the picture too Karl! The scruffy look looks good on you! 🙂

3. Comment by thomas on April 5, 2004 12:25 pm

aaaawwwww! too cute. super duper happy birthday!