My Life, As Told Between (Baby Cakes') Naps

Birthdays, Weddings, Gifts and Guests

24th June 2009

Birthdays, Weddings, Gifts and Guests

posted in Friends, Family, Et Al., The Condo, The Kitchen Sink |

Sorry for the lack of posts.  It’s been a busy month.  To start, T organized a fantastic dinner with friends at C&O, followed by drinks at Glow, a lovely outdoor bar in Marina del Rey, to celebrate my 31st birthday this month.  I got some wholly unexpected but totally awesome gifts. 

The following weekend, T’s mom and his aunt visited on their drive down to San Clemente for their niece and nephews’ (T’s triplet cousins) high school graduation.

This past weekend, we went to a super-cute picnic wedding, complete with fun picnic games like a 3-legged race and an egg relay.  Since the bride was one of T’s best friends from college, we had several of T’s college friends staying over at our place as well as tons of guests hanging out the entire weekend.  It made for a fun, but tiring, weekend.  Sadly, I was inevitably the first to call it a night – although I should mention I’m at least two years older than they are! 

Also visited the korean taco truck for the first time – and on a day they were giving out free tacos for a promotion at that!  Yay for free yummy food! (Updated to add: They were parked in front of Westwood Brew Co., so after lunch we drove through UCLA and reminisced about how easy college was compared to real life.) 

Looked at some houses for sale.  Since housing prices are at record lows, it’s tempting, but we still can’t really afford a house we want in a location we want, so for now, it remains a pipe dream.

In between all this, I’ve been trying to figure out how to make our condo more homey.  We had an interior designer, recommended by a friend of ours, come by and consult with us for an hour, which was surprisingly helpful.  I’m hunting for some pieces she recommended and trying to schedule a date to have some of our rooms painted (the task of choosing paint colors was a large part of this month’s activities).

There are currently 3 responses to “Birthdays, Weddings, Gifts and Guests”

Why not let us know what you think by adding your own comment! Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, so come on... let us know what you think.

1. 1 On June 24th, 2009, LL said:

Where did you see the Korean taco truck?! I’m still hoping to try it sometime. How was it?

2. 2 On June 25th, 2009, Y. said:

You can check where they’re be at any given time on their website: http://kogibbq.com/ We love the taco truck and would be up for another visit!

Alternatively, we can do dinner at the Alibi Room: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/597834

3. 3 On June 25th, 2009, LL said:

We should definitely go check out the Alibi room! But sometime I’d still like to have the truck experience. It sounds like that is the way to have it.