My Life, As Told Between (Baby Cakes') Naps

74 Days and Counting!

7th July 2008

74 Days and Counting!

posted in Friends, Family, Et Al., The Wedding |

In an effort to avoid boring everyone with the details of the wedding planning, and in order to maintain some element of surprise, I’ve resisted the urge to post pictures of all the cute projects I’ve been working on. However, I haven’t been able to stop shoving my wedding projects in the face of anyone unfortunate enough to enter our home in the last several months! This may be a problem as my bridal shower/bachelorette party is this weekend and half my wedding guests will be over at our place. T thinks I should put my projects under lock and key so I don’t end up forcing everyone there to admire them. =)

Wedding planning is picking up with a little over two months to go. We’re facing a bit of an upheaval in the wedding party because one of T’s groomsmen (who is starting medical school in Ohio) just got his exam schedule and found out he has an exam scheduled for the day of the wedding. We’d obviously understand if he can’t make it, but he’s super sweet and is trying to see if he can get it changed. He also happens to be the father of the ring bearer so things are a bit in the air there but I imagine it’ll sort itself out soon enough.

In any case, we took a break from wedding related stuff to hang out with friends this weekend. Two of my favorite people happened to be visiting from out of town (Tucson and New York) so I got to spend some quality time with them, as well as catch up with a couple of other local friends I haven’t seen in too long. We went to the beach, watched fireworks (Alfie barely reacted to them at all), had brunch on the marina, dinner downtown, and people over for a barbeque (with food provided by another lovely friend!). I also did an 11 mile run on Friday and cleaned house on Sunday! It was a glorious, fun, productive weekend and I wish it were longer.