My Life, As Told Between (Baby Cakes') Naps

Too Many Shoes, Too Little Time

20th March 2008

Too Many Shoes, Too Little Time

posted in Pretty, Shiny Things, The Wedding |

It’s been awhile since I’ve blogged about shoes. Mostly because I haven’t bought anything interesting in ages. Most of my shoe purchases in the last year or so have been very practical. Maybe it’s the realization that I have several pairs of extremely adorable shoes in my closet which never see the light of day because they are so excruciatingly painful to wear. Although I occasionally feel brave and slip them on my feet, I usually realize as soon as I get to my car that my feet are already in pain and have to hobble back to the house and change shoes.

However, I’ve been looking for wedding shoes recently and am finding that my burgeoning practicality is tempered by my desire to look good in my wedding pictures. Since I am very short and T is very tall, this requires some high heels.

As some of you may remember, I’m considering these red ones. They’re comfortable enough, at least in short bursts, and are absolutely adorable. (Squeeeee. I LOVE these.) But the heels won’t stand up well in the grass (pun intended!) and they’re not quite tall enough.

I also bought these (in silver) because they’re higher than the red ones (to better offset the huge height difference between T and I), have a thicker heal (might not sink into the grass as much), and have a thick platform in front (so hopefully I won’t feel all 4″ of the heel). My sister hates them and calls them my hooker heels.

Since I’m worried about marching around our grass laden venue, I’ve also been hunting for wedges. Specifically, tall, comfortable, cute, inexpensive wedges with a platform to offset the height. I recently bought these, which, although not nearly as cute as my red shoes, fit a lot of my criteria and are surprisingly comfortable (or seemed to be for the minute I wore them anyways).

And then, for no particular reason, I bought these ivory heels. I don’t love them as much as my red shoes and they don’t have any of the good points of the silver ones or the wedges, so I don’t really know why I bought them (especially since they weren’t even on sale, unlike the other three). They are pretty cute though, aren’t they?

So yes, until I decide which ones, if any, to return, I have four entirely different shoes for a five hour wedding. (Hmm. . . do you think I should also buy some flip-flops? Because, regardless of what shoes I decide on, I’m sure my feet will start protesting at some point.)

There are currently 2 responses to “Too Many Shoes, Too Little Time”

Why not let us know what you think by adding your own comment! Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, so come on... let us know what you think.

1. 1 On March 24th, 2008, T's brother said:

I had your blog open while my coworker was in my office, and she agrees with your sister’s opinion on the hooker shoes. She also says the red shoes are “super cute,” and that the charles david wedges are just “ok.”

She helped me pick my latest dress shoes for work because she didn’t like my “old mat flats” at all, so I trust in her judgment 🙂

2. 2 On March 25th, 2008, Y. said:

LOL. Thanks! Sounds like she does have good taste (although the wedges look better in person). =) I’ve already returned the ivory heels and am trying to figure out how to get rid of the hooker shoes since I’m past the 30 day return policy.