My Life, As Told Between (Baby Cakes') Naps

Crash

5th July 2007

Crash

posted in The Kitchen Sink |

Minor fender-bender Tuesday on the way home from work. I was on a relatively busy street in Venice. Traffic was stop and go. I was stopped. The driver who ran into me was apparently looking for his friend’s shop and didn’t notice that I’d stopped so he plowed right into me. Fortunately he wasn’t going very fast – just fast enough to damage poor Toby Too’s back bumper. It’s barely hanging on so he’s off to the shop as soon as I hear from my claims adjuster.

In the meanwhile, I’m stuck driving a rental PT Cruiser. Everyone I’ve talked to has a story about how they were forced to rent a Cruiser because it was the only car left on the lot (as was the case with me this morning). Does anyone actually buy this car?

I was pretty irritated yesterday and this morning (when Enterprise was half an hour late picking me up to get my car) but now I’m focusing on the fact that I was very, very lucky not to be hurt and not to have hurt anyone.

There are currently 2 responses to “Crash”

Why not let us know what you think by adding your own comment! Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, so come on... let us know what you think.

1. 1 On July 10th, 2007, KQ said:

PT Cruisers always looked like hearses to me, especially the black ones. Hopefully you didn’t get a black one! I’m glad you weren’t hurt. If you need the name of a good chiropractor, let me know! He’s not in MDR, but he’s really good.

2. 2 On July 12th, 2007, Y. said:

Thanks KQ! I just found out poor Tobe Too sustained more damage than I thought and will be out of commission for another three weeks…which means I’ll be driving the PT Cruiser for awhile longer. Fortunately, it’s a rather nice blue color and not funeral black. =)