My Life, As Told Between (Baby Cakes') Naps

Five Men and a Baby

12th March 2007

Five Men and a Baby

posted in The Kitchen Sink |

One of T’s best friends from high school visited us this weekend from Boston, bringing his wife and newborn son (Q) with him. Several other high school friends drove down to LA to meet Q.

Isn’t he a cutie? He looks a bit like the Travelocity Gnome in that outfit. =) I think he liked me best – T claims it’s because Q likes the fact that we almost see eye to eye (he really just can’t get enough of the short jokes!).

OplCommandServlet.jpg

T and I babysat for a few hours to give the parents a chance for a rare diner alone. We’d spent much of the day with Q and thought babysitting would be relatively easy. From what we seen, he was a very well behaved, good-natured baby. He wasn’t mobile yet, had just been fed and would be going to sleep soon. How hard could it be?

What we didn’t realize was the near neurotic need to make sure nothing happened to Q on our watch. We simply sat and stared at him sleeping for several hours, periodically peering intently to ensure we still saw that little chest moving. It was nerve wracking! I can only imagine how parents do it…