My Life, As Told Between (Baby Cakes') Naps

Awwwww

2nd January 2007

Awwwww

posted in Friends, Family, Et Al. |

Happy New Years everyone!  May this year be full of love and happiness.

T and I were discussing our resolutions yesterday.  Mine was to exercise more, eat better and spend less.  His was to make sure I was happy.  Sigh.*

Anyways, T, Roomie and I had a small group of friends over for New Year’s.  Roomie’s holiday plans were unfortunately canceled at the last minute so she was forced to celebrate it with us.  It was supposed to be a casual gathering before we walked to a local bar, but Roomie believes in being a good hostess.  What had originated as a get together with some beer and pizza turned into a four course meal.  Roomie spent much of the weekend making dumplings, fudge and cookies – all from scratch.  I “made” lasagna (i.e., stirring what Roomie asked me to and sneaking off the minute Roomie looked away).  T and I bought an assortment of appetizers and sides and our friends brought a sea of beverages.  

We spent the night eating, drinking and playing board games with some of our best friends.  T and I had a slightly tense moment during Taboo – perhaps our second official “fight” of the year? – related to our competative natures (well, his more then mine!) but it quickly passed.  Taboo has always been one of my favorite games, but it may now have some competition.  A friend of T’s gave him what may be the best game of all time

We ventured out from the apartment around 10pm and rung in the New Year’s at a nearby bar.  It was exactly the environment I wanted, a low-key sparsely populated Irish pub full of friendly regulars and bar staff and surrounded by some of my favorite, funny people.  

*Note:  Sorry for the sap.  I couldn’t resist sharing.  =)

There are currently 4 responses to “Awwwww”

Why not let us know what you think by adding your own comment! Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, so come on... let us know what you think.

1. 1 On January 2nd, 2007, ch said:

“Awwwww” is right! So sweet!

2. 2 On January 2nd, 2007, Y. said:

I know! Isn’t it? He said it really casually. Poor T, I’m sure he’d be mortified if/when I tell him I just had to write about it on my blog. =)

3. 3 On January 2nd, 2007, HBo said:

It was a fabulous time and I’m so happy I got to celebrate with you and the gang. T is a sweetheart even though he approaches Taboo with an extreme sport mentality. 😉

4. 4 On January 3rd, 2007, Camille said:

Apples to Apples is totally the best game ever!