My Life, As Told Between (Baby Cakes') Naps

Nesting

11th December 2006

Nesting

posted in The Kitchen Sink |

I must have been in a daze the last few months.  Did you all know Christmas was coming?  I didn’t.  T and I innocently ventured out to Target this weekend to buy some household items, not realizing that we would be heading into the heart of Christmas Chaos.  After navigating the masses, we were able to escape with a few items on our list…as well as a cute little table top Christmas tree and miniture penguin ornaments.  Miniture penguin ornaments people!  My head is about to explode from all the cuteness.  

Realized today that I need November back.  Maybe if I had started Christmas shopping then, rather than today, I wouldn’t desparately be trying to convince myself that yes, everyone on my list really wants socks for Christmas.  Sigh.  I hope everyone’s expectations are sufficiently low as far as their gifts are concern.  Although, judging from my previous record of unspectacular gifts, I’m assuming that this won’t be a problem.  =)  

As for the apartment and the move, it’s slowly coming together.  We even had several guests over this weekend who didn’t run away screaming.  Mostly because Roomie was stuffing them full of yummy food.  As for T and I, we’ve unpacked most of our stuff and started serious negotiations about which of our (respective) remaining stuff makes the cut and which of it has to go.  I think I’m winning.  =)