My Life, As Told Between (Baby Cakes') Naps

On the Road

16th November 2006

On the Road

posted in Trips |

Friday was my last day at my old job…although I have a standing offer to come back, so it may not be the last I see of my old firm.  It was a happy sad day.  We had a little office party to mark my departure.  I absolutely love the people at that office.

T and I have been on the road for this week.  We went up to visit my parents in San Jose.  T was a hit.  Then we headed to Fresno to spend some time with his mom, whom I’d already met, and hung out with some of his old high school friends.  I was a hit.  =)  In the meanwhile, Roomie supervised the move to our new place in Marina Del Rey.  We’re heading back to LA tomorrow to spend a few days with R and her boyfriend, who are visiting Roomie and I from DC.  During this time, I need to unpack, drop by my new office to fill in some paperwork (since I had volunteered to do so in order to “hit the ground running” when I actually start in a week and a half), and help T move his stuff in.  Then it’s off to the Caribbeans on Sunday for a 5 night cruise.  I get back the day before I start work.  Emails and post updates will probably be sporadic until I settle down and get my internet all hooked up, but feel free to call and check in occationally! 

Happy Holidays all and hope to see everyone soon!

There are currently 2 responses to “On the Road”

Why not let us know what you think by adding your own comment! Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, so come on... let us know what you think.

1. 1 On November 21st, 2006, Shiz said:

Yen! CONGRATULATIONS ON EVERYTHING!!!!! 🙂 I am so excited for you!! Can’t wait to hear more in person.

2. 2 On November 30th, 2006, Y. said:

Thanks Shiz! I miss you and our runs together!