My Life, As Told Between (Baby Cakes') Naps

Almost Home for the Holidays

21st November 2005

Almost Home for the Holidays

posted in Pretty, Shiny Things, Running, The Kitchen Sink |

Made my first foray to the mall to start my Christmas shopping. Ended up with a suit, necklace, top, and pair of pants … for myself. Walked away from a cute argyle sweater and wool coat.  I really, really need to learn how to do this Christmas shopping for others things.

Sixteen mile run on Saturday was excellent! I’m hoping I’ll make the shorter eight mile run while at home this weekend. It’ll be hard to do anything between sessions of stuffing my face. If anyone feels like driving down to San Jose and joining me, or knows someone who knows someone who might consider it, please let me know! I hate running alone.  =(

Saw Pride & Prejudice.  Loved it.  Knew I would.  The best description I’ve heard of described this latest version as Jane Austin with a touch of Emily Bronte (no one thinks the person who wrote/said this was anything other than an English major, right?).  Much more melodramatic than most Austin adaptations.  There were some scenes where it could have easily been Heathcliff in the moors rather than Mr. Darcy in Hertfordshire.  Keira Knightly was a stunning, slightly giddy Lizzie (a little too glamorous to be totally believable though) and Matthew MacFadyen was probably the most endearing Mr. Darcy I’ve ever seen (more awkwardly shy than aristocratically aloof). 

Went to a Tiki Boat party in Newport Beach.  Got lost.  Went to a house party in Pasadena.  Got lost.  Had fun (when I eventually got there) though.

There are currently 2 responses to “Almost Home for the Holidays”

Why not let us know what you think by adding your own comment! Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, so come on... let us know what you think.

1. 1 On November 22nd, 2005, vitatwin said:

Oh M, you are histerical. I love that you get lost all the time! I was almost crying reading how you could see your office and still had to go all the way back to figure out hot to get back home. As far as posting goes, I can promise I’ll try, but I’ll try to try. Seriously though, now that I might actually get people readinging I will try to post more often, gotta do something at work right?

2. 2 On November 22nd, 2005, ML said:

Y. I loved your description of P&P. As you know, I was doubting another version being released so soon. But I am a bigger Bronte fan than an Austen one so bring it on!

And….I completely get the way you buy stuff for yourself when shpping for others. I do it all the time too…even when I birthday shop.