My Life, As Told Between (Baby Cakes') Naps

Blogging Drawbacks

9th June 2005

Blogging Drawbacks

posted in This Little Blog |

I got an interesting email from a good friend of mine the other day pointing out a drawback to my blog, namely that it makes it all too easy for others to not write since they already know what’s going on in my life.*  (“So that explains it!” I thought, nodding wisely, slightly relieved.)  

Yes, I write because I’m self-involved.  But I also keep this blog in the hopes that my friends will read it and occasionally write me…or at least post a comment so I know they’re alive.  So, start your own blogs (come on, everyone’s doing it!), drop me an email,** post a comment, send me a text message, come visit, or call and leave random messages on my phone when you know I won’t answer (because, as most of you all know, I’m not much of a phone person, so unless you like pulling teeth, that may not be the best method of keep in touch with me).  I’m not picky.  Don’t make me beg.  Pretty please?  (There, are you happy now?)   

* To my unnamed emailer, you know I appreciated the message and loved hearing what you’re up to!  *hugs*  Don’t hate me.  =)

** To future emailers, I promise not to post the email on my blog and publicly berate you for it. 

There are currently 4 responses to “Blogging Drawbacks”

Why not let us know what you think by adding your own comment! Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, so come on... let us know what you think.

1. 1 On June 10th, 2005, vitamin_g said:

if i knew your phone # i would so be tempted to call you…

now i sound like a stalker, i can see you! 🙂

i am also trying to convince my friends to get their own blogs too! their fun!

2. 2 On June 10th, 2005, echan said:

I would never post an email from a friend on my weblog. I’ve just been a little miffed at my family lately.

3. 3 On June 10th, 2005, echan said:

Oh, and yes, sorry about the slew of gross-out posts. I shall return to warm fuzzy topics, such as sales, shoes, and handbags, as soon as my checking account permits.

4. 4 On June 10th, 2005, Y. said:

Your post made me feel guilty so I edited the email reference. Hope you’re happy! =) And Vitamin G, you’re welcome to call anytime. Just leave a message as I probably won’t answer. =)