My Life, As Told Between (Baby Cakes') Naps

The Superbowl & Other Miscellaneous Things

6th February 2005

posted in Life in LA, The Kitchen Sink |

Yay, the Patriots won!  Yes, I only half-assed watched the game and yawned through most of the parts I did watch, but there’s still a twinge of pride that my team won.  It’s funny how people become enamored of teams that only have a loose connection to their own lives.  Merely by living in Boston for three years, and breathing the same arctic air as the Patriots, I have somehow adopted them as “my” team (second only to the Niners because I was raised in the Bay Area and because if I say otherwise, there is a reasonably large chance my parents would disown me). 

Luckily, I survived a foray to Hollywood’s Sunset Room last night and made it to a friend’s Superbowl party in Pasadena today.  Barely.  It was touch and go for much of last night.  At least the parts I remember.  There may have been some pitiful whimpering cries of “I’m dying” as I curled up in the fetal position on the couch, broken only by occasional belligerent shouts of “Why don’t you guys care that I’m dyiiinnnggg?!!!”  Most of you already know I have a tendancy towards melodrama and histrionics when drunk.  And when sober.  Oh, and no, I didn’t run into any walls this time round.  Thanks for asking.   

Visited the Getty again, which really is breath-taking.  Managed to avoid spitting over the rails.  I’ve been informed that something about the combination of heights and rails triggers a spitting impulse in guys.  I’m just going to take this statement at face value since I have absolutely no desire to try and prove it.  

Sigh.  Work tomorrow.