This week sucked. Until it didn’t.

As of 5:00 today, I hadn’t written a single word this week. I was prepared to write a pessimism post about how crappy my week was, how I had meetings upon meetings, I had to watch auditions for my singing group, I had to figure out how to get to and from the clinic site, etc. I almost gave up and didn’t try to write this week at all.

Then I napped a bit, and my husband gave me our stuffed hedgehog with a baseball cap on with the word “WIFE” taped on over “Yankees.” So I thought I’d try.

He came in the room an hour later. I held up three fingers. Three pages. That would have been enough to make me happy for this week. I said “I have a couple more paragraphs in me, and then I’m calling it quits.” He left.

I opened the door half an hour later. “I have four pages and a paragraph,” I said, surprised. We decided I had to go for it.

Twenty minutes later, I was rolling over that sweet delicious page break, the fifth page done.

A busy, crappy week, to be sure. But it’s Saturday, and I wrote my five pages. Small miracles. Hooray!

1 Comment to This week sucked. Until it didn’t.

1. Tia Rita says:

Go for it. Well done! Love, Tia