Where the news at?

Robotwisdom makes this interesting point:

Google News Search # hits
schiavo bulimia 150
schiavo -bulimia 65,300

Now, I pronounce that it would be unreasonable to expect all, or even most, of these Schiavo hits to mention bulimia — most of them have to do with legal and political wrangling and the course of her dying, and the cause of her condition doesn’t really directly enter into these things too much.

You’ve been caveated. Let’s make a fun comparison!

Google News Search # hits
pope parkinson’s 6750
pope -parkinson’s 19,100

If this were science, we could easily compute an ætiology relevance coefficient, or “matter factor” for each of these cases. To educate while I obfuscate, I list each by their name’s meaning.

Figure Matter Factor
Slave 0.2%
Father 35.3%

10 Responses to “Where the news at?”

1. cynthia Says:

where are the dishes?

2. Ezra Cooper Says:

Dishes!

3. Desultor Says:

“Dishes”, eh?

4. PSP 3000 console Says:

Wow! I must say, your blog has to be one of the best written blogs that I have seen in a long time.What I wouldn’t give to be able to write posts that are as mind grabing| as yours. I think I’ll have to continue reading your articles and hope that some day I can write on a topic with as much knowledge as you have! Bravo!!

5. lego store Says:

Intimately, the article is in reality the sweetest on this laudable topic. I agree with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your incoming updates. Saying thanks will not just be enough, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will at once grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Genuine work and much success in your business endeavors!

6. facesitting Says:

I uncovered your blog last week and started follow your posts religiously. I have not commented on any blog just yet but I was thinking I would love to. It’s really exciting to actually contribute to a publication even if it’s only a blog. I really don’t know exactly what to say other than I actually enjoyed reading through 2 of the posts. Nice posts indeed. I sure will keep visiting your blog daily. I learned quite a bit from you. Thx!

7. Yolanda Marovic Says:

Man I love this comment and it is so informational and I am gonna bookmark it. I Have to say the Indepth analysis this article has is greatly remarkable.No one goes that extra mile these days? Bravo!!! Just one more suggestion you shouldinstall a Translator for your Worldwide Audience !

8. Angla Eckardt Says:

hi, I found this blog from google and read numerous of your other articles. They are very informative. Please continue this great work… Cheers, Steve.

9. facebook fanpage Says:

Now you’ve gotten your new web site and also you’re keen to start making some sales! But, how will you make gross sales when you do not need excessive volumes of tourists to your website?

10. James McLeod Says:

I wanted to thank you for this nice read!! I undoubtedly enjoyed each little bit of it. I have bookmarked you to take a look at new stuff you publish