No Kittens Here

I’m not having kittens, but I do have news. Today I received two emails congratulating me on my acceptance to a master’s degree program in a funny, interdisciplinary study called Critical and Creative Thinking. [I’ve mentioned it before.] But now I know for certain that I’ll be starting school again in the fall. Luckily, the designers know that many of their students are teachers and professionals themselves, and, very considerately, schedule all their classes in the afternoon and evening. This way my school doesn’t compete with my work.

And on the job front, things are fine. I’ve really integrated into my office. Tomorrow I’m co-running an orientation for my team. While I hate to use it, I must say that I make a mighty fine Power Point presentation.

Today I took a three-hour lunch break to attend the Leverett House graduation ceremonies. My friend Eda’s family wasn’t able to make the trip so a few of us put up congratulatory signs on each of the buildings while she and the rest of the graduates were off at the morning ceremonies in the Yard. When she came back I was ready with a very nice boquet of roses—there are, and there were some today, ugly boquets of roses, you know. My former roommate of four years didn’t cut me a deal when I picked them up at the florist shop he works at in the Square. After all the speeches and processions, I treated Eda to lunch at Cambridge One, which is a hip beer-and-wine sports bar. We had great beer and wine, a tasty salad, and satisfying pizza. Cambridge One specializes in gourmet pizza. Two hours later, it was time to go back to work.

This Sunday I move back to Cambridge to live at Currier House, in the Radcliffe Quad. Lately, I’ve been dreaming of owning a condo. Here‘s a semi-affordable one on the developing sea front property, which is secretly a fancy way of saying Dorchester, that I’m considering.

2 Comments to No Kittens Here

1. Merry says:

Congrats! (oh, and if you were having kittens that would be on the news. :P) its about time you updated on your own blog! lol. 3 hours for lunch is something i could deal with. 🙂

2. danielle says:

i know this girl who makes fantastic powerpoint presentations. you two will have to meet+plot.

and im glad you’ll be around, and not around polar bears or the military.