You are viewing a read-only archive of the Blogs.Harvard network. Learn more.

Archive for the 'beyondbroadcast' Category

Page 2 of 3

Internet & Society – NEXA – STANFORD – HARVARD

studentsexpressingtruth.jpg

Feb 18
From CyberOne Wiki

colvin is right, and brilliant, schools train the kids to beat the cops to get out of an authority structure that makes them feel bored and stupid.

i want presbelewski and colvin to be teachers in my school.

i want kids to watch the wire with me and then come back and go over and say where the mistake was made and what was the other choice.

i want to convey how much i want to teach

google hypothetical: future of university
mission of university
position of the assn of internet university service providers
bye bye to copyright on transactional base
open the university with a presidential poker game, all proceeds for running the open school

strategic thinking expressed in action
make your play according to assessment of position and strength of other players in your game

for an inmate in prison there are two laws, authority law and inmate law, authority imposed from the force outside that makes the prison, authority from the force within that rules the force of resistance. the stronger the compression the deeper the evil. how to teach and how to learn how to lighten up.

in baltimore two laws. colvin and prez offer strategy to change the valence of the game

think in media terms. hollywood, listen up. let me use your product in open education. me and prez teach math. a new kind of school. embrace parents and love their children. follow colvin down the path of enlightenment to the point of hope in kids. catch the light and keep it burning.

i want to show the wire in kingston prison, and talk about it. i want to show it in juvenile.

==feb 24==
ready for a rush
larry gives me great idea and contact with lauren
palfrey for berkman and perhaps for harvard law
juan carlos for nexa
larry and lauren for stanford

internet & society
can we have your support

first question at google gathering
identity of avatars
behind each a student expressing truth

future of university

cclogocircle.jpg
feb092008.mp3
invitation
the_mission.mp3
here
destinylogo1.jpg
hear it now

cyberone02.jpg

gpsts.jpg

cyberone06.jpg
berkman-center.jpg
cyberone08.jpg
e-alone.jpg

cyberone09.jpg
im-the-real-charlie-nesson.mp3
dsc_0175.JPG
my-name-is-charlie-nesson.mp3

cyberone10.jpg
cyberone11.jpg
cyberone12.jpg
cyberone13.jpg
cyberone14.jpg

slideshow of open university opening up

GPSTSBusiness – 16 Feb 2008
subject Fwd: bracken on obama on the

i want license to use the wire in my online school. is this within the realm of fair use. i want colvin and pryzbylewski in my classrooms. i want to take it with me in a box to kingston prison and run my class for real in our prison lab. omar, as obama says, is a man of character playing by his code. the lessons of the wire are profound