“The Suns of Independence” Creative Response

The Suns of Independence shines light on the complexity of the contrast between leaving a familiar world behind and starting a new life. In The Suns of Independence, the main character, Fama, inherits the position and honor of being the leader of his homeland. This is of course a huge change to his life as a poor city dweller. When Fama returns to his homeland, his adjustment is filled with complexity as he is thrown into a world completely different to what he is used to. This new world represents his heritage, but it doesn’t necessarily represent the man he is today. Trying to uphold his duty, Fama struggles with the drastic change of the life he used to live.

In doing this creative response, I thought about my own life and how I just recently just had a huge change in my life. When considering the change that Fama went through, I looked at my own life and how I just moved away from home to start to create my own life’s path. I undertook a change that is in a way the opposite of Fama’s as I went from my family to a place unknown to me and my family. My creative response reflect an image of my old home, and now the new home that in a way signifies the beginning of a process that I undertook similar to the change the Fama went through.

CNV00006

IMG_1988 copy 2

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *