My Own Idea

Word # hits
onepeat 14
twopeat 517
threepeat 4460
fourpeat 454
fivepeat 39
sixpeat 13
sevenpeat 1
eightpeat 1
ninepeat 0
tenpeat 1
elevenpeat 1
twelvepeat 13
thirteenpeat 0
fourteenpeat 0
fifteenpeat 0
sixteenpeat 0
seventeenpeat 0
eighteenpeat 0
nineteenpeat 0
twentypeat 2
n+20peat
where n is a whole number
and n != 4,999,980
0?
5 millionpeat 1

One will surely confess onepeat and twopeat to be, respectively, singularly and doubly astonishing.

Zeropeat does not occur. I hereby copyright the word and declare it to be a trademark of Desultor Inc. I also patent the idea of a verbal noun referring to the completion of an action zero times. That shit is not “pending” – it is an active patent. If you try to take food from my babies’ mouths, you will be dealt with forcefully.

16 Responses to “My Own Idea”

1. ezra Says:

Twopeat more common than fourpeat? I’m incredulous Has this result been peer-reviewed?

2. a peer Says:

I dispute that the uses of “OnePeat” as a user handle on the SaintsReport cummunity bulletin board should be counted as “usages” of language.

3. jan12, the twelve-faced god Says:

Certainly, twelvepeat is dodecadently astonishing.

4. Desultor Says:

Dear Ezra,
    It seems not to have done so well with you and our other peer. Dang! I tried to get pre-publication peer review going but that hasn’t been added to the software yet, I guess.

Dear Peer,
    They’re “hits”, not “usages”. And I never called it “language” either. By the way, have you seen the livelily scholarly Language Log? It’s a great site.

Dear Jan12,
    Yeah!

5. OnePeat Says:

hahahaah…im onepeat…

what are you guys debating here?

it’s juat a play on words my man…we saints fans just want a one peat…we are far too pitiful a team to consider a repeat or a three-peat…

6. OnePeat Says:

hey wait…someones trying to patent my name???

hahahaha…i have bumper stickers made and everything…blaH

7. Moonpie Says:

Stop humping goats

8. Houston HOUDat Says:

Lawyers are ghey.

9. Houston HOUDat Says:

Lawyers are ghey.

10. Desultor Says:

Hi Onepeat, glad to see you. Don’t worry, I don’t want to trademark your name. And I hope the Saints have better luck this year.

11. Saintsfan Says:

OnePeat the poster on SR is apoor excuse for a person.. you SHOULD sue him for use of your name..

12. Saintsfan Says:

OnePeat the poster on SR is a poor excuse for a person, you SHOULD sue him for use of your name..

13. desultor Says:

Shouldn’t y’all Saints fans be sticking together, not fighting?

Best of luck to the team!

Hugs and kisses,
    D.

14. quel film Says:

Substantially, the post is really the sweetest on this worthy topic. I harmonize with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your next updates. Saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the wonderful clarity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay abreast of any updates. Genuine work and much success in your business dealings!

15. bumper stickers Says:

Whether you are someone humorous, or someone with a favorite quotation, why don’t you express it through bumper stickers? These stickers are cheap and come in different designs and colors that will surely fit your car and your lifestyle.

16. Ian Green Says:

hey all, have been just checkin’ out this weblog and I actually admire the idea of the article, and don’t have anything to do, so if anybody would like to to have an engrossing convo about it, please contact me on AIM, my identify is heather smith