Cynical Prediction

Salon has a brief article about a proposed bill (translation, and lots of flaming, on slashdot) which would require the government of Argentina to use free software at the provincial and national level. I’d link to the salon article but it’s “premium content”. It is an OK article, not great, but it concerns an issue which I’ve been following with some interest for a couple years. And now I want to make a public prediction: Microsoft is finna donate a whole buttload of their software, and probably some machines as well, to Argentina sometime soon. Most likely to their schools. “Get ’em while they’re young!”

I don’t really want to get into advocacy about the issue right now – other people have already done a good job with it, and really my comparative advantage lies in sciolistic divagations about etymology. But, Steve Martin’s brother’s advice in “The Jerk” seems to apply here – my best attempt at Argentinification would be “

5 Responses to “Cynical Prediction”

1. Donna Wentworth Says:

Oh, Jesse, you are too much. “…really my comparative advantage lies in sciolistic divagations about etymology.” Eh heh heh.

2. halo 3 Says:

All I can say is… please write more. OMG, it seems as though I watched a video instead of reading an article…it’s so clear. You totally know what you’re talking about. My thought was, why waste your intelligence on blog articles when you could be publishing books? Think about it. You’re awesome at what you do. WORD!

3. Temeka Ranos Says:

I have been examinating out many of your stories and i can state clever stuff. I will definitely bookmark your website.

4. Anti Aging Cosmetics Says:

Very first, I’d prefer to say thanks to you for this enlightening post. Secondly, I’d prefer to question wherever I can discover a lot more info concerning your post. I arrived right here via Bing and can’t discover any other related web websites on this subject. Just how do I subscibe for your weblog? I’d prefer to adhere to your updates as they arrive along! I had a query to question but I forgot what it absolutely was… anyways, thank you!

5. Regine Marzano Says:

Sometimes the comments are not too much attention in design, but with the beautiful design comment will be adding value to our site, thank you for this great inspiration