Cyberitas

Creating Responsible Netizens

From Veritas to Cyberitas November 24, 2011

Filed under: jessica — jessica @ 5:31 pm

Welcome to Cyberitas! 

I remember the first time I got an email account (You Got Mail! Thanks, AOL), downloaded music onto an iPod (2nd generation nano, in case you were wondering), wrote a post on xanga (hello, middle school blogging), and video chatted someone (skyping before it was a verb). Growing up in the technology evolution was an exciting, albeit confusing, time. With all the fast-paced changes it is truly difficult to keep track. Just think, how many times has Zuckerberg changed Facebook’s layout and settings since you started using it?

Navigating the web has truly become an art form. However, you do not need to be part of Geek Squad or speak HTML to be tech savvy. There are several legal issues surrounding cyberspace that young people are ignorant of, yet need to know. And this is where Cyberitas come in!

We don’t want to be like school administrators preaching down at you, nor do we want to be like talkboxes reiterating current events. We would like to be your peers, sharing our knowledge of cyberlaw with you and opening up a forum for discussion.

Now a little about me, I am a freshman at Harvard University. In my free time I love roaming the web, spending the majority of my time between Facebook and Youtube. This term I was enrolled in a freshman seminar called Cyberspace in Court, an amazing and eye-opening class that allowed me to delve into the legal issues we will be discussing in this blog.

So I thank you for joining us on this journey and hope you will find some this blog enlightening!