Monday, May 4th, 2009...10:51 am

Take Two

Jump to Comments

Alright let’s try this again.

This is my second attempt at blogging. The first one was about four years ago. It was an utter failure. I decided to try again for a few reasons:

1) My writing’s gotten way too rusty and I need to brush up a bit

2) Everyone else is doing it

3) Some people who are doing it are really terrible and they don’t feel shame, so why should I?

Before I start, I should warn you: I AM NOT A WRITER. In fact, I suck. I’m cringing already thinking about what a poor comparison this’ll be to the really great bloggers I read every day. But, it’ll be very good for me to hold myself up for scrutiny and for my flaws to be on public display. Hopefully it’ll help me take some steps in the right direction.
I will likely regret this addition to my digital dossier, but whatever. Here goes.

• And it’s already pretty, which is, of course, what is most important.

• Mom didn’t go to Cornell. She went to Lemoine (sp) and was just working when she met dad at a bar when he was in law school. He was trying to get with one of her friends. The friend asked mom to distract him because she wasn’t interested. Mom and Dad got into some kind of heated debabte (no surprise there) and the rest is history.

• This is beautiful!
    I am not ashame to be a blogger too, so keep it rolling

• Cath,
    Better late than never. Glad to be bringing up the rear here. I’ve just spent the morning reading through your blogs to date (7/26). I’m glad you castigated me a week or so ago for not having kept up and here I am, finally at it. And I’m amazed. I think you had nothing to apologize about in this launching entry. Your writing is very good and interesting and your critical thinking strong. I am fascinated. As your former stay-at-home mom I now feel vindicated. Yes, there was a long stretch of life back then when I was at most aware of what season we were in and possibly what month even depending on whether there were birthdays, or Easter bunnies, or Santa to prepare for. Ah, memories! And not a day or minute of them regretted even though back then a minute sometimes felt like a day. Keep reading and I’ll keep up.
    Your admiring,
    Mom