New plugins. Old plugins.
As many of the users of the blog service may have noticed, there have been some changes made. Most noticeable in the recent past was the update to WordPress 3.9. Now that we are up-to-date the next items to tackle are the smaller internal parts.
We have updated 7 plugins to their latest versions and added 9 plugins to increase the functionality of your blogging platform. We think you will like the new features that these plugins bring. Please check the list below for quick details – more in-depth posts on some of the new plugins may be upcoming.
- added all in one favicon plugin
- added the jetpack plugin pack
- added the category specific rss feed menu plugin
- added the plugin easy fancybox
- added the plugin mathjax latex
- added the plugin nextgen gallery
- added the plugin post types order
- added the plugin related posts
- added the plugin slidedeck 2
- added the plugin tinymce advanced
- updated the creative commons plugin to v1.5.2
- updated the bad behavior plugin to v2.2.15
- updated the live comment preview plugin to v2.0.2
- updated the multisite dashboard feed widget plugin to v2014.01.27
- updated the sociable plugin to v18.104.22.168
- updated the wpmu theme usage info plugin to v1.9
- updated the wordpress importer plugin to v0.6.1
And since we are talking about new plugins, we have to talk about some of the older unsupported and stale ones. These need to be removed as their functionality is limited and their support in the new versions of WordPress is over. Most, if not all of the features that these plugins provided has been replaced with some of the new plugins that were added. Please transition your blogs as these plugins will be removed 6/1.
- removing the older v1.2 of the category subscriptions plugin
- removing the del.icio.us for wordpress plugin
- removing the lightbox 2 plugin
- removing the rotating tweets plugin
- removing the pandora widget